In Greek mythology, thePhoenix was a bird that regenerates from its own ashes. More importantly perhaps, this is a bird that is associated with the sun. No, this is not an article about mythological avian life but it is about a place that is also associated with solar power. Known as the Valley of the Sun, Phoenix, Arizona is truly a shining and brilliant holiday destination because it offers:
- Night clubs.
- Golf courses.
- Sunshine in abundance.
- Outdoor adventure sports.
- Cultural experiences beyond compare and so on.
Here is taking a look at the best that Phoenix has to offer in terms of travel destinations.
ADVENTURE SPORTS AND THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Quite a large number of people flock to Phoenix in order to enjoy adventure sports such as hiking, mountain climbing, biking, auto sports and so on. So if this is an essential part of your travel experiences, then you really must head to places such as:
- Piestewa Peak and Camelback Mountain which offer magnificent vistas and hiking opportunities.
- Papago Park is a hilly dessert park which also has the Phoenix zoo and the desert botanical garden.
- There is also the Pueblo Grande Museum & Archaeological Park.
THE CULTURE OF PHOENIX
There are many ways in which you can enjoy the tradition and culture that Phoenix is famous for. One of the things that you can do is to visit museums and centers such as:
- Heard Museum for Native American culture.
- The Arizona Science Center.
- Hall of Flame Fire Museum which showcases the history of firefighting.
- The Mesa Arts Center which is great for its live theater and art shows.
- Heritage Square which has buildings that date back to the late 1800s.
THE DESERT LANDSCAPE
One of the most intrinsic attractions of Phoenix is its desert landscape. Once again, there are many ways in which you can enjoy this experience and South Mountain Park in Phoenix gives you 16,000 acres of desert landscape. So you can go horseback riding and mountain biking and even visit this place at night so that you get a beautiful view of the wonderful city lights of Phoenix. Try and climb up to the Dobbins Lookout for a magnificent and unforgettable view.
SOME OFFBEAT PLACES
If you would love to do something that is unusual in Phoenix, then you must head to the Mystery Castle which is located near downtown Phoenix and quite close to the South Mountain Park. This is a castle made from stone and has plenty of whimsical features as well. The Pioneer Living History Museum is another interesting place to visit because it offers a complete and authentic experience of a 1800s town. Another interesting place to go to is the Wrigley Mansion which dates back to the year 1929.
Shopping in Phoenix is possible when you visit Downtown Scottsdale among so many other places. Finally, it is worth noting that Phoenix is home to beautiful golf courses so if you need a golfing holiday then this is the city that you must head to. Traveling to Phoenix is easy, GOGO Charters can rent you a bus and you can explore Phoenix completely.